New Zealand Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the second ingredient in our Essential OMEGAS.
Extra virgin olive oil is mixed with green-lipped mussel oil because it serves as a carrier oil to deliver the active ingredients in the green-lipped mussel oil to the body.
The compounds in green-lipped mussel oil are not easily absorbed by the body on their own, so they are mixed with extra virgin olive oil to improve their bioavailability. The high levels of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids in extra virgin olive oil help to improve the absorption of these beneficial compounds by the body.
Furthermore, extra virgin olive oil itself also contains several beneficial compounds, such as polyphenols and antioxidants, that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular health benefits. Mixing green-lipped mussel oil with extra virgin olive oil provides additional health benefits beyond those provided by the green-lipped mussel oil alone.
Here are some factors that make New Zealand extra virgin olive oil special:
- Climate and soil: New Zealand’s temperate climate and fertile soil create ideal conditions for growing olives with a distinctive flavor and aroma.
- Quality control: New Zealand’s olive oil industry is relatively small, but it has a strong focus on quality control and producing high-quality, pure extra virgin olive oil. The industry is regulated by the Olive Oil Commission of New Zealand, which oversees quality standards and promotes best practices among growers and producers.
- Sustainability: Many New Zealand olive oil producers are committed to sustainable farming practices, such as using organic and biodynamic methods, and reducing their environmental impact.
- Traceability: New Zealand extra virgin olive oil can often be traced back to specific groves and orchards, which allows consumers to know exactly where their oil comes from and how it was produced.
New Zealand extra virgin olive oil has several potential benefits, that are based on scientific research, including:
- High in antioxidants: Extra virgin olive oil is high in antioxidants, which help to protect the body from oxidative stress and reduce inflammation.
- Heart health: Olive oil has been shown to have heart-healthy benefits, including reducing blood pressure, improving cholesterol levels, and reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: The polyphenols in olive oil have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as arthritis and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Skin health: Olive oil is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that may help to improve skin health, including reducing the signs of aging and moisturizing dry skin.
- Digestive health: The polyphenols in olive oil have been found to have prebiotic properties, which may help to support a healthy gut microbiome and improve digestive health.
- Brain health: Some studies have suggested that the polyphenols in olive oil may have neuroprotective properties, which may help to reduce the risk of cognitive decline and improve brain function.
By combining extra virgin olive oil with green-lipped mussel oil, we are able to provide your pet with a supplement that is not only effective but also provides additional health benefits.